Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Housewife??

(Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm working full time again -- this time from home, which is glorious. But it means my mind isn't as full of blog ideas. It's more consumed by work, kids, the fact that I haven't done my taxes...)

I've been reading this hilarious book by Darla Shine called Happy Housewives. Absolutely love it. It's definitely going to be added to my recommended book list (see left sidebar). She's basically changed my perspective on being a homemaker. Since having kids and experiencing the absolute shock of how difficult motherhood is, I've sort of made it my mission to help other unsuspecting moms-to-be know they could be in for the same shock. Well, sometimes that mission turns into complaining -- about anything and everything we "suffer" from as moms.

Darla has helped me appreciate being a stay-at-home mom. Not that I didn't appreciate it before, but she kind of woke me up to the greatness of it and how ridiculous I am for complaining about any of it. She's made me feel good about taking care of my own house and my own kids. She's convinced me that I do have time to do it all and look good doing it. That I can have my act together and roll with the punches. And that I can take pride in being a housewife.

Don't believe me? Check it out yourself. She'll have you rolling on the floor laughing as you realize that being an at-home-mom is the best gift of your life.

4 comments:

WendyO said...

Yay! A post from April! Working full time from home? What r u doing? Thanks for posting... :-)

April said...

Hi Wendy!

I'm coordinating the same missions school I did before. It's a 6-month temporary employee gig. It's working out great. Although it definitely doesn't leave much down time in my life. :)

Tina said...

Thank you for suggesting this book! Just ordered it from Amazon!

April said...

Oooooh Tina, I think you'll like it!